Information sessions and presentations.
We regularly hold information sessions and we organise presentations in schools, cultural centres and organisations that are very well received by the public. The information sessions and the chat-discussions focus on:
- The current socio-economic reality of Sub-Saharan African countries with an HDI of less than 0.4
- Millennium Development Goals for 2015, set out by the UN
- What it means to live today in countries like the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Is democracy and peace in Sub-Saharan Africa possible?
Concerts and Musical Events.
Awareness initiatives are varied. Concerts and youth meetings are organised which bring together students and young professionals. These events raise awareness about specific international cooperation projects and raise funds to benefit these same projects.
On other occasions, there are music or children’s festivals during which other organisations work with us to spread the word about the projects and to raise funds.
- Participation in the Muestra de Entidades [Exhibition of Organisations] in the district of Les Corts, since 2005, with an information stand and a drawing workshop.
- Participation in the Les Corts district Day of Cooperation, with an information stand and an exhibition of African handmade crafts.
- Each year we hold the digital photography competition for young volunteers who have carried out a voluntary activity collaborating with a Catalan non-profit organisation during the summer.